My lovely friend Jenn nominated me for this UBER-ly fun tag post. (GO CHECK OUT HER BLOG, Tis awesome!)
What is your go-to self care? Something you do, wear, etc.
A bath, with a facemask & bath bomb, and maybe a cheeky glass of wine. And a book ofc.
What was the first book that made a difference to you and why?
The Hobbit. My dad read it to me again and again when I was a kid. It sparked my love of stories.
What is your favourite time of year?
Christmas. It’s magical and musical and there are movies and snow (sometimes) and also I’m not working in retail this year so already it’s gonna be 1000% better.
Where is your favourite place to read?
I love reading on the train. I get to watch the world roll by, and overhear some SCANDALOUS convos.
Which book would you buy as a gift for someone right now?
Soz to be cliche, but the 20th edition of Harry Potter make the PERFECT gift for everyone (C’mon, you can read with your Hogwarts house on display!)
What do you find the hardest thing about blogging?
Because I’m naturally a bit of an introvert, I find it hard sometimes to reply to comments. I LOVE getting comments, and making friends, but I have to be in a socialising mood to reply to them!
What is the most fun aspect you find about blogging?
I think people trusting my book recommendations is just the BEST THING EVERRR. Also, receiving book recommendations.
If you could offer year-ago you any advice, what would it be?
Past-Laura, roll with the punches, stress about the little things less, boys are silly & don’t listen to them.
Why did you start blogging?
To talk about books with people. I love my IRL friends to bits, but none of them like books. Blogging has helped me find my bookish gang!
What is your dream holiday?
NEW YORK, NEWWWW YORKKKKK. I wanna visit the big apple and do all the tourist things SO BAD.
What would be your ideal bookish gift?
An illumicrate box. They’re fun and unique and full of bookish goodness!
And your q’s are:
- What’s the one book that’s been on your TBR for ages that you need to read ASAP?
- Which book character do you most identify with?
- Do you DNF books often? And why/why not?
- What’s the coolest thing that’s happened to you because of blogging?
- What’s the one book you think everyone should own?
- Do you have an unpopular bookish opinion (book/otp/trope you hate)? If so, what is it?
- What’s your patronus?
- Best 2017 release you’ve read so far this year?
- What’s the one thing you wish you knew before you started blogging?
- Are you a cat or dog person?
- Can you tease an upcoming blog post you’re excited for?