You are cordially invited to Sinclair’s Midnight Peacock Ball! The festive season has come to Sinclair’s and Sophie and Lil are spending the holidays at snowy Winter Hall. But it turns out that this is no ordinary house party …As sinister secrets come to light, our intrepid heroines find themselves faced with a more baffling mystery than ever before! With the help of their friends, can they uncover the truth in time to foil a truly diabolical plot? Or will Mr Sinclair’s New Year’s Eve Midnight Peacock Ball spell disaster for the dauntless young detectives? Prepare for shocks and surprises in the thrilling conclusion to the Sinclair’s Mysteries!
- This is a fourth book in a mystery series, set at department store in Edwardian England. I have read and loved each of its predecessors, so when I saw Midnight Peacock go up on NetGalley, I requested it immediately.
- The Mystery of the Midnight Peacock is a tightly plotted mystery that is utterly charming, twisty-turny in the best way & gloriously Christmas-y! I could not put this book down. I also adored the Christmas setting–there’s something so utterly cosy about a mystery book set during the festive period.
- Our main characters, Sophie and Lil, are back and at their detecting best. Sophie’s growth over the four books in the Sinclair Mysteries is just lovely, and her confidence in herself and her abilities is great to see. I also loved that my fav character, Leo was back. One of the elements I like most about this series is the friendship between the characters, and I really enjoyed seeing characters from books past pop up and offer a helping hand in this one. I enjoyed seeing the tension and camaraderie between the gang develop throughout the story.
- Katherine Woodfine’s writing is gorgeous. Nuff said.
- I don’t want to say too much more because, ya know, fourth book in a series AND it’s a mystery, but this book was a gloriously satisfying finale. If you like mysteries and history, than the Sinclair Series is for you.
*I received a review copy from NetGalley*