I obvs haven’t been tagged in this, because (a) it’s pretty new, and (b) I have no friends BUT THE QUESTIONS ARE SO GOOD SO I’M GONNA DO IT. The lovely Cassie created it (check her post out here), and I am so excited because like 99% of the planet, HP is my jam.
There are three stories that illustrate my never dying love of Harry:
(1) I used to write uber-ly bad HP fanfic with my brother. I was…wait for it…Harriet Potter (I know–original–and how self-centred did I think HP was that he’d just write iet on the end of his kids name and be done with it), and my brother was Danny Potter. This fanfic/pretend play culminated in us throwing letters out our window for owls to catch. Needless to say, our neighbours were not impressed.
(2) I wrote to Warner Bros asking if I could play Romilda Vane in the HBP film. This was DEFINITELY not a desperate attempt to get closer to Daniel Radcliffe. I got a really cute letter back that basically said ‘thanks, but no thanks’ that I still treasure.
(3) I was CONVINCED I was going to Hogwarts aged 11. I had my trunk (suitcase) packed and everything. The first day of middle school was tough, mainly because I should’ve been chugging away to Scotland on a train and not sitting in maths.
Okay, now we’ve got all the embarrassing stories out of the way, let’s get on with the tag:
1. What house are you in?
Ravenclaw for LYFEEE. Seriously, I have my mug, my scarf and my Ravenclaw edition of the Philosopher’s Stone.
2. What is your patronus?
Well on my first Pottermore account, I got a swan, which is funny because I am the LEASR SWANLIKE PERSON EVER. On my second account, I got a Manx Cat, which according to one of my fav tumblr accounts means:
“Those with this Patronus are usually calm under pressure and good in difficult situations. Nothing will phase a conjurer of this Patronus which makes them good to have on your side when in bother.
Another feature of witches/wizards with this patronus is ferocity. Being both fierce to those on the wrong side of them and fiercely loyal to allies.
It is only an unflappable individual that can successfully conjure this fiery patronus.”
But if I could choose, my patronus would be a sloth. I LOVE SLOTHS.
3. What is your wand?
According to Pottermore it’s Larch wood with a unicorn hair core, 10 ¾” and slightly springy flexibility.
4. What would your boggart be?
Probably a dislocated knee.
5. What position would you play in Quidditch?
I would be kicked off the team before I could even start playing. I’m deathly afraid of heights, and not that great at balancing. I’d be cheering in the stands.
6. Would you be a pure blood, half blood or muggle born?
A muggle. It’s the best of both worlds.
7. What job would you want after to have after graduating Hogwarts?
I’d LOVE to be a reporter at the Daily Prophet!
8. Which of the deathly hallows would you choose?
The invisibility cloak. And I’d use it to do the boring-est things, like sneaking onto a train, or into a cinema.
9. Favourite book?
The Philosopher’s Stone. It’s just the perfect introduction to the Wizarding World, and 11yr old Harry is just so cute.
10. Least favourite book?
I love them all, but prob the Goblet of Fire–mainly because it’s the turning point in the series. From there on out, a lot of sad things happen. (AND I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO BE HAPPY!)
11. Favourite film?
The Chamber of Secrets is an atmospheric mystery from start to finish. Plus, Lockhart is hilariously awful (and perfectly cast).
12. Least favourite film?
The Prisoner of Azkaban because they left out ALL the backstory. I wanted to see Marauders, dammit!
13. Favourite character?
Luna Lovegood is my soulmate. Also, I WAS Hermione for most of my childhood.
14. Least favourite/most hated character?
15. Favourite teacher at Hogwarts?
McGonagall is/should be everyone’s fav teacher.
16. Least favorite teacher at Hogwarts?
Snape. WHO CAN BE THAT MEAN TO NEVILLE?
17. Do you have any unpopular opinions about the series?
- Snape was still a horrendous person.
- Dumbledore is also not one of my favs (he left Harry with the Dursley’s for 10 years!!!)
- The Cursed Child is pretty damn good.
18. If you could save one character from the finale battle who would you save?
I would bring back Fred in a heartbeat.