What I read:
This month I read 12 books, 7 more than my target.
- I read five YA MG/YA books: A Girl Called Owl, Mold and the Poison Plot, The Boy who Sailed the Ocean in an Armchair, Just Call Me Spaghetti-Hoop Boy and Alex Sparrow and the Really Big Stink. To find out more about my thoughts see my blog post here.
- I read 1 graphic novel, Lumberjanes, Vol. 6: Sink or Swim. It was FAB-U-LOUS! I also read an ARC of the LumberJanes book (due out on October 10th)–which captured the whimsy and wonder of the graphic novels.
- I listened to two audiobooks: Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McQuire. This was fab, full of on the page LGTBQ+ rep and just magically written. I might have to buy the paperback so I can read the beaut words again. ❤ I also listened to a classic, Mansfield Park, which I enjoyed, although not as much as Pride & Prejudice.
- Out of my TBR, I read four out of five–I didn’t quite get to Dumplin‘, so I’m saving that for another month.
- Incase you missed my overly excessive squeeing online in the last month, I have an agent! I’m now represented by Alice Williams at DHA Books. See how that happened here.
- I went to the Wicked Young Writer Awards, and had an amazing afternoon surrounded by SO MUCH talent. (Also, I got to stand next Cressida Cowell which was amazing). Here’s a pic of my cheesy grin:
What I did in June:
- I exercised my constitutional right and voted. And for the first time in FOREVER, I didn’t cry when I saw the results the next morning. YAY FOR VOTING.
- I dyed my sister’s hair bright blue. The Laura’s Locks™ Salon is now open for business, payment in Peach Iced Tea is accepted.
- I went to a Bookish Event (YAY!) MG Magic was fabulous and funny and just…brilliant.
- I baked Stanley a birthday cake, because he turned 10.
Basically, this month has been full of fun and busy-ness, and I’m exhausted. There’s no rest for the wicked, though, because next week I’M OFF TO EDINBURGH!