Currently listening to: Hamilton. On repeat. Constantly.
Currently watching: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (the theme song has been stuck in my head for days!)
I’m not sure why, but the quote in this blog title really speaks to me. I like the way it’s accepting of life now, in the moment, whilst acknowledging that there are still goals ahead – goals yet to be achieved, and some yet to be set!
I think it’s really easy to get caught up in not achieving something immediately – you scroll through Facebook or twitter and think: ‘why does everyone else have their life together???’. Everyone does it at some point, and I get it, but it’s not really..helpful. You see, I’m a firm believer that everyone’s journey is different.
Some people hit where they’re meant to be younger, and that might be because their goal is something that is suited to younger people (like gymnastics), or because they have a heap load of talent (HEY, Jacob Tremblay), or maybe a bucket full of luck. Other’s get where they’re meant to be a little older – maybe because it takes years of experience and hard work to build up to, or because they found their passion a little later in life.
But, if you (like me) are still waiting, still working towards your Happy Ever After, have a virtual hug on me. Because sometimes it’s really hard, and sometimes you might feel like giving up, and sometimes all you want to do is curl up in bed with some ice-cream and a sad film. But know that each day that you climb towards your goal, you’re not there yet, but you’re making progress, you’re paying your dues. You may not be where you want to be, but you’re where you need to be.
Where I’ve been:
- Writing. I’m almost done with draft one of book two. I thought I was done a few months back, but then something struck me and I needed to add some more in!
- Planning. Sometimes idea’s just grab you and say ‘WRITE ME!’ I’m currently researching a brand new idea that is SO much fun! Here’s a sneak peek of the research I’m doing:
- Celebrating! I turned 23 on April 23rd. I had an amazing day with my lovely family who (as usual) knocked it out of the park with the wonderful gifts they got me!
- ALSO…I now have an agent! I’m represented by the lovely Vanessa Eccles of Golden Wheat Literary. I’m hoping to get a ‘how I got my agent’ story up soon!
Luna Lovegood is my FAVOURITE Harry Potter character, so I am so lucky that I get to have her guard my bookshelf!
I also got a couple of books, some writing supplies, a gorgeous bumblebee necklace and a Q and A journal. (THANK YOU FAMILY! :))
- Reading. Gah, writers – you’ve created some amazing books recently. Sometimes I look at my TBR and I just can’t choose which one I want to read next.
I’ve been enjoying amazing days recently.
What’s new with you guys?