Readathon Hospitals is a charity that brings books and storytellers into hospitals for seriously ill children. Basically, what this charity does is freaking amazing. Although I was never seriously ill, I had a few operations as a kid and I vividly remember, despite all of the fear and nervousness of being in a hospital, reading AMAZING books. Books have this ability to transport you far away from your situation – to different countries, cultures and worlds. The work this charity does is so crucial, and I am over the moon to be participating in an incredible event to raise money for this cause.
I am part of a group of book bloggers and an author who are hosting a fundraising event on Sunday October 4th. We will be participating in a 24 hour read-a-thon! We will read and review a book of your choice (vote on which book you’d like us to read here) in one day! Then on Wednesday October 7th we will be hosting a Facebook party (join here), complete with giveaways to thank you for supporting our cause. I am SO looking forward to chatting with you guys about all things books and raising tonnes of money for this worthwhile charity.
Speaking of raising money, we also have a JustGiving page where you can donate to the charity! We are SO close to our £200 target, so if you can, please please consider donating!!
So, in conclusion:
- Readathon Hospitals is an amazing charity that we want to raise a lot of money for.
- To do this we are having an epic 24 hour read-a-thon on Sunday October 4th.
- Followed by a Facebook party on Wednesday October 7th
- We will also be doing loads of fun blog posts to support our read-a-thon
- We want YOU to get involved, in anyway you want to! You could take part in the read-a-thon, donate via our JustGiving page or even just spread the word!
I am hosting this event with six other AMAZING people, and they will all have posts up about our event. They are:
- Blog: Jenny in Neverland
- Twitter: jennymarston_xo
- Facebook: Jenny in Neverland
- Blog post about our fundraising event
Please follow and support them, and if you have any questions or queries about the event, feel free to ask the wonderful Jenny on twitter!
If you can’t tell by the GIF, I am SO excited about this event.