Happy 2015 guys, I hope you’ve had a spectacular start to the year. This is my obligatory new years goals post, but first, lets look back at how I did at my 2014 goals:
- Read more classics – I want to read 6 this year! – I didn’t read as many classics as I wanted to this year, completing only Mansfield Park.
- Read some upcoming 2014 movie adaptations (I’m looking at you Vampire Academy!!) – I hate watching films based on books if I haven’t read the book first!! – Well I definitely didn’t do well on this goal. I didn’t go to the cinema as much as I wanted to this year, and so I didn’t read as many upcoming adaptions – The Maze Runner is very high on my TBR list.
- Have a, very loose, theme for each month. One of my favourite Book-Tubers, The Readables, does this and I think it’s so cool! – I have to say I utterly failed at this goal. My blogging has become much more relaxed in 2014, and I think themes may be slightly too much for me.
- Read more debuts! – Now I have done a bit better at this goal – I read 7 debuts in 2014
- Continue listening to Audiobooks – my goal for 2014 is 6 – I failed at this one as well. I did a lot of starting audiobooks, and not a lot of finishing them…
- Be up to date of A Song of Ice and Fire – hahahahahaha. This didn’t happen.
- Be more consistent with my blogging – I have been very bad these past few months and I need to get more organised with my blogging schedule. – I think I’ve been a bit more consistent this year, but I still need to up my game in 2015
- Blog about what I want to – I feel like my little blog had a bit of an identity crisis this year, but in 2014 I want to branch out a little and blog about anything and everything that I want to! – I definitely have done this in 2014. I love the direction my blog is going in – it’s a little more personal.
- Get better at Social Networking – I think I am finally getting the hang of and becoming obsessed with twitter! I want to continue that in 2014!! – Still obsessed with twitter. And tumblr. And pinterest. And instagram.
- Take more pictures on my blog – I need to do this in 2015 🙂
- Do a givaway! – Still need to do this.
- Spend time on hobbies other than reading and writing, because sometimes they take over my life! – I have started crocheting and worked on my photography in 2014.
- Finish my draft of my current project! – I finished that draft and started a new one!
- Finish (and pass) my second year at Uni – done and done.
- Be less of a negative nelly!! – Still working on my glass-half-full philosophy, but I’ve definitely made some progress.
- Read what I want to read, and what I feel like reading.
- Read widely, read books that are interesting and new.
- Stop finishing books I’m not enjoying, it’s okay to DNF.
- Blog honestly.
- Write what I want to write.
- Take more pictures.
- Enjoy the moment.
- Write freely.
- Finish university.
So those are my goals for 2015, I am so excited for the year ahead, and I will leave you with the genius of Neil Gaiman:
“May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you’re wonderful, and don’t forget to make some art — write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.”