So it is nearly half way through the year so I thought I’d do a little update with the book challenges that I signed up to in January (SPOILER ALERT: I haven’t done very well). But I thought a little update would spur me on to succeed in the challenges.
So for this challenge the goal is too complete series. You can find more about it here.
I decided to aim for the silver badge which is completing 4-6 series. The 5 series I originally aimed to complete were:
1) The Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl – I am 2 books through this series and I LOVED them, but I just haven’t got round to finishing the final two books! I think I will aim to read them this autumn though.
2) The Noughts and Crosses Series by Malorie Blackman – I read this series when I was about fourteen and want to re-read them SO badly. I might have to push them up on my TBR.
3) The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini – Another series I read when I was a kid that I want to re-read! Hopefully I will get to this before the year is out.
4) The Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy – I have the final book sitting on my shelf! This one is definitely coming on my holiday this year though so I will definitely complete this one.
5) The Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan – Technically this is the only series that I have completed because the final book doesn’t come out till October
So I have completed one out of five. That sucks! Hopefully I will get my bum into gear and read some more before the year is out. However, because I am a crazy person I want to add more series to the list:
6) The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare – this will be another holiday read.
7) The Grisha Series by Leigh Bardugo – I NEED Ruin and Rising in my life now.
8) The Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness – This is right on the top of my TBR
So If I complete all this series I will be on the gold badge level! Although I’ve done pretty badly so far on this challenge I will definitely be catching up VERY soon.
Challenge progress: 1/8
For this years audiobook challenge I aimed to do the Weekend Warrior level which means that I wanted to read 5-10 audiobooks this year. I have read:
1) Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
So I am four books away from my target. I’m not to worried about catching up – I tend to listen to audiobooks more in the summer so I will hopefully make this challenge!
Challenge Progress: 1/5
I only aimed to read 2 books in the Banned Books Challenge 2014. Those were:
1) To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
2) Catcher in the Rye by J. D Salinger
And I haven’t read either of these thus far this year. However, I think I might listen to one as an audiobook which would fulfill two challenges.
Challenge Progress: 0/2
So I am not doing TOO well with these challenges but there is still 6 months to catch up and I am determined to complete at least 1 challenge.
Have you guys aimed to complete any challenges this year? How are you doing on them?