It’s Top Ten Tuesday again! YAY – I feel like I haven’t participated in SO long! And this week we are doing bookish resolutions! I did a few bookish resolutions in my Goals for 2014 post, so I am only going to do five today! Let’s get started:
- Read books on my shelve before I buy more – I think this one is a common book blogger problem, mainly because we are all getting so many great recommendations and we just have to buy all of the books! But this year I want to try and delve into my rather large TBR list before I buy more. Here’s hoping 😉
- Read more books on devices other then physical books – I am a major sucker for a nice paperback – in fact in the past I have brought books that I’ve read on my Ipad in paperback form as well. Last year I really got into audiobooks, and I want to continue that this year. And, much as it pains me to say it – sometimes it’s easier to carry an Ipad everywhere you go then a massive book.
- Finish series – I am very bad at this and I hate leaving series unfinished. This year I want to finish reading the series that I forgot to complete last year!
- Allow myself to re-read books – This is another one I think quite a few book bloggers are guilty off – there are just so many great books out there that we don’t allow ourselves to re-read old favourites. So this year, I am not going to feel guilty when I pick up Harry Potter, or The Hobbit.
- Read Slower – This might be an odd resolution, but sometimes I devour books so fast that I miss things, or just don’t enjoy stuff as much as I should! So this year I am going to read more slowly.
So those are my resolutions. What are you changing about your reading habits in 2014?