I hope you have all gorged yourself on turkey and mince pies, whiled away the days with the people you love and have generally had a FANTABOLOUS Christmas. And I also hope you have a splendid News Years Eve and a truely magical start to 2014.
To see 2013 off, I thought I’d do the obligatory resolutions post, mainly because I love these posts! So first of all I’m going to have a look at the goals I set for myself last year:
- I am going to aim to read 50 books this year, which is the same aim as last year, but this year I have got the added pressure of tonnes of uni work! – I have read over 50 books this year so I have completed this goal! I actually raised my goal to 100 on Goodreads and I am a bit behind so I need to have a last minute sprint to catch up! I’m really pleased with the amount I read this year though, I feel like I discovered some real gems of books and authors this year.
- I want to read more classic novels. – I think I made some headway on this goal (I read pride and prejudice and sense and sensibility) but I definitely want to read more.
- I want to read the books I already have before buying more –
COMPLETELY failed at this one – I have a HUMUNGOUS book pile at the moment due to my book buying!
- I want to start listening to audiobooks – After a few false starts, I really got into listening to books on my Ipad this year. Definitely something I want to continue.
- I want to visit the library more often, and shop at independent bookshops more too. – ashamedly I didn’t complete this goal either. I need to go to the library soon though, so hopefully 2014 will be the year I become a frequent visitor.
- I want to write whatever I want to write at that moment and be more flexible with my writing. – I love this goal – it’s such a good one to have and I think it really helped me in developing and maturing as a writer! Good thinking, past Laura!!
- I want to write frequently. – This one was a bit on and off. I almost hardly wrote from February to April, mainly because of my exams. I wrote loads during the summer and then not much since I started Uni again!
- I want to finish redrafting my project and move on – I finished that project and have locked it in my drawer and am currently working on the first draft of a MG fantasy that I’m very excited abou!!
- DRINK MORE – I am still an obsessive tea drinker *takes sip of tea*
- DRINK DECAFF!! – Actually I am crazy about Earl Gray tea at the mo (I know I can’t get any more British) so De-caff it is!
- Stop spending money!! Save for a rainy day – Yeah, I’m still a spender! This one did not go very well for me this year!
- Be more spontaneous – I’m pretty proud to say, that as someone who loves order and careful planning, I’ve let myself go and have been a lot more spontaneous this year!
- Have fun!! – I have to say, although this is the biggest cliche going, 2013 has been the best year yet for me. I had a tonne of fun with my lovely friends and family, read loads of great books and generally had a blast. I can’t wait to see what 2014 brings!
So that is the 2013 resolutions out of the way – I think I did pretty well! Anyway on with my new year goals for 2014.
- Read more classics – I want to read 6 this year!
- Read some upcoming 2014 movie adaptations (I’m looking at you Vampire Academy!!) – I hate watching films based on books if I haven’t read the book first!!
- Have a, very loose, theme for each month. One of my favourite Book-Tubers, The Readables, does this and I think it’s so cool!
- Read more debuts!
- Continue listening to Audiobooks – my goal for 2014 is 6
- Be up to date of A Song of Ice and Fire
- Be more consistent with my blogging – I have been very bad these past few months and I need to get more organised with my blogging schedule.
- Blog about what I want to – I feel like my little blog had a bit of an identity crisis this year, but in 2014 I want to branch out a little and blog about anything and everything that I want to!
- Get better at Social Networking – I think I am finally getting the hang of and becoming obsessed with twitter! I want to continue that in 2014!!
- Take more pictures on my blog.
- Do a givaway!
- Spend time on hobbies other than reading and writing, because sometimes they take over my life!
- Finish my draft of my current project!
- Finish (and pass) my second year at Uni
- Be less of a negative nelly!!