Autumn has well and truly hit Britain. Coats, scarves and hats are back in force, the heating’s on and I wore a jumper in bed last night. Summer seems like it was years ago and the Christmas adverts are already on the TV and I LOVE IT.
This is my favourite time of the year, I adore piling on jumpers and drinking gallons of hot tea and I love that Christmas is so close (I have already brought my ugly Christmas jumper for this year and my Christmas playlist has been on my iPhone since mid October!).
But my absolute favourite thing about this time of the year is cuddling up with a yummy snack/drink and reading. So, I thought I’d do a semi-regular post on my blog chronicling my favourite treats and the books I read with them. Without further ado, here is the first Treats and Reads…
1. Okay, so first of all you’re going to need a cup. Your favourite cup preferably! Here’s mine:
2. Grab yourself some milk.
3. Heat that baby up, then put two heaped spoonfuls of hot chocolate powder in your mug and stir!
4. Grab yourself some cinnamon and put about half a teaspoons worth in your hot chocolate!
5. Mix it in (your kitchen will literally smell like Christmas at this point!) and then grab some squirty cream!
6. And Voila! Add some chocolate powder to really top it off
7. And then grab your book.
As you can see I am reading Allegiant by Veronica Roth and I am LOVING it so far. This has been one of my favourite series, I am so excited for the movie to come out next year and so far this book has definitely lived up to the hype. I have somehow managed to avoid ALL spoilers for the ending, so I am totally in the dark but I am so enjoying the twists and turns so far and Tobias is still my number one literary crush!! If you haven’t read this series, I highly recommend it!
8. Finally, it really helps to have a cutie like Philip to cuddle up to whilst reading and drinking!
Isn’t he gorgeous? What is your favourite treat to eat or drink whilst reading?