The Hunger Games – SO good. Action packed, mostly true to the book and really well acted – I am really looking forward to the second film!
- The Harry Potter Movies – I really enjoyed the HP films. Although there were some differences from the books, I think the movies really stayed true to the heart of the books!
- The Hobbit – LOVED this adaptation! I thought the detail and the direction were perfect, and Martin Freeman just stole the show as Bilbo!
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower – Even though Emma Watson’s accent was slightly dodgy at some points, I thought this movie was such a great compliment to the book!
- Alice in Wonderland – my FAVOURITE film when I was a kid! I loved it (the Disney version) but I also really enjoyed Tim Burton’s take on the classic
Eragon – I remember being so excited for this movie and it was such a let down. Not true to the book, and too much of a Harry Potter copy.
- The Golden Compass – see above. This adaptation could have being SO good, but in reality its a bit blah
- Prince Caspian – I also didn’t enjoy the changes in the second Narnia adaptation and the action felt slightly forced
- Stardust – I loved the book, but the movie felt a bit clumpy and long at times.
- The Lightening Thief (Percy Jackson) – I LOVE the Percy Jackson series, and although I thought the movie wasn’t awful, I again, didn’t like the changes they made to the original material! Hopefully The Sea of Monsters will be better!