Top Ten Tuesday is a brilliant book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week its out top ten beach reads. I have to say when packing for a holiday, I’m more excited about the books I’m going to bring then anything else! There has being many a time where my mum has had to tip books out of my suitcase because its just too heavy to get on the plane! For me, a typical beach read are books that I am just SO excited to read but haven’t yet – I save books for holidays. I also tend to read a couple of my favourite chick lit or romance-y type books as well.
- Bridget Jones Diary by Helen Fielding – Every bit as funny as the movie, this book had me in stitches, and it’s perfect for a bit of beach reading!
- Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella – Again, the perfect chick lit book. Light, funny and with a really hot leading man. I will definitely be bringing this on holiday this year
- Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor – LOVED the first book, have had this one for far too long and I cannot wait to see what happens next for Karou
- A Clash of Kings by George R. R Martin – I read Games of Thrones last year – really loved it and have being meaning to start the next book in the series for ages!
- The Ocean at the End of The Lane by Neil Gaiman – I am SO excited for Mr Gaiman’s new book and will be picking it up as soon as it’s out.
- Scarlett by Marissa Meyer – LOVED Cinder, Scarlett looks amazing – a must read for me for this summer
- Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo – Shadow and Bone was AMAZING. I cannot wait to read more.
- A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libbra Bray – I really enjoyed The Diviners, and I cannot wait to start this series – I’ve heard so many good things about it!
- Eragon, Eldest, Brisinger and Inheritance by Christopher Paolini – I started this series ages ago, and have never got round to finishing it. The first three are due a re-read, and I cannot wait to find out what happens in the end
- Lord of the Rings by J R R Tolkien – I’ve got myself a swanky new edition, so definitely need to re-read the trilogy!
What beach reads are you most looking forward too?