I have MISSED Top Ten Tuesday’s so much! Its one of my favourite meme’s to do and I love seeing everyone else’s list come Tuesdays. Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week we are listing the top ten books dealing with tough subjects (except mine is a top five because for the first time EVER on TTT I couldn’t think of 10!)
- The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak – one of my all time favourite books, a very tough ending to read, but done in such a beautiful way – if you haven’t read it you are missing out!
- The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold – again a very emotional book, dealing with the murder of a child – absolutely heartbreaking
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green – This was another hard read, the sensitive subject matter expertly handled by Mr Green
- Journey down the River Sea by Eva Ibbotson – One of my favourite books as a child, when I read it I was really shocked that poor Maya had to hear that both her parents had died AND that she was moving halfway across the world in one go!
- Liesl and Po by Lauren Oliver – a hauntingly beautiful book about grief
Have a lovely Tuesday fellow book-a-holics!