So this week on Top Ten Tuesday we are listing out favourite characters in whatever genre we choose! Predictably I have chosen fantasy because I LOVE fantasy! Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely The Broke and the Bookish.
- Richard Mayhew from Neil Gaiman’s Neverwhere – I love Richard, particularly because he is a normal guy living in London with a fiancée and a career and then he is thrown into this world that is dangerous and magical and just so cool. I particularly love Richard because in fantasy it’s normally children/teens that go to mysterious worlds and its great to see an adult reaction to something COMPLETELY out of the ordinary.
- David from John Connolly’s The Book of Lost Things – I LOVE David’s journey through the book – from grieving young boy to brave almost man!
- September from Catherynne Valente’s Fairyland books – One of my favourite characters of all time, September is brave, funny and not afraid to stick up for what is right. And she has a too die for name!
- Lyra from Phillip Pullman’s His Dark Materials – Lyra is a scruffy, unwashed tomboy who slightly (and embarrassingly) reminds me of myself when I was a kid.
- Link from Margaret Stohl and Kami Garcia’s Beautiful Creatures – I love that he still talked to Lena and Ethan even when no one else would.
- Anna from Kendare Blake’s Anna Dressed in Blood – a murderous ghost who has a horrible past and falls in love with a ghost hunter? PERFECT!!
- Bilbo Baggins from J. R. R Tolkien’s The Hobbit – The original reluctant adventurer and, in my eyes, the best. An icon in the fantasy genre.
- Neville Longbottom from J K Rowling’s Harry Potter – From standing up to his friends in the first book, to standing up to Voldemort in the last Neville is really brave and courageous, even if he can never remember anything!
- Percy Jackson from Rick Riordan’s Olympians – He’s cute, funny and saves the world again and again and he’s not even twenty!
- Miss Cavendish from Claire Legrand’s The Cavendish Home for Boys and Girls – I know she’s a villain – but she’s such a delightful creepy villain that I just had to include her!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this weeks top tens! I have!!