Yay, Top Ten Tuesday is here! If you don’t know it is a weekly book meme that’s hosted by the lovely people at The Broke and the Bookish. This week is the top ten bookish memories, although because I’m meant to be working in about five minutes, I’m going to be cheeky and do five
- The day the final Harry Potter was released, I was travelling into France so I couldn’t get hold of it anyway. I was devastated. I may have cried. Then I spotted that one of the boys I was on holiday with had it. He was lovely enough to lend it to me and I read all day and all night until I was finished.
- When I read The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. I think there are some books that just touch you, and this was one of them. It introduced me to one of my favourite authors and made me realise how good middle grade books should be.
- Reading the Hunger Games. I must have read the Hunger Games early last year, and I really loved it. But the reason why its on of my favourite bookish memories is that it turned me on to YA novels. Before then I hadn’t got a clue about YA and its fabulous sub-genres and now, I am a YA addict!!
- My dad read The Hobbit to me over and over again when I was a little girl. I was entranced by the story completely, and I don’t think that if he hadn’t read The Hobbit to me, that I would be so bookish today! So thanks dad.
- Okay so this is more of an on-going thing but I love the book blogging world! Its introduced me to so many amazing books, I’ve made some great friends and I just love been part of it.
Hope you are all having a fabulous week!