Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week we are listing the top ten characters that really frustrate us!!
Bella Swan from Twilight – I bet this one is going to end up on a lot of top tens today! All the way through Twilight I found myself wanting to scream at her to do something!!
- Susan Penvensie from The Chronicles of Narnia – I am more frustrated with what happened to Susan then Susan herself – she wasn’t allowed back to Narnia because she grew up!! Not Fair, C. S Lewis
- Ron Weasley from Harry Potter – Ron is one of my favourite characters in HP but his little strop in Deathly Hallows really annoyed me! Pull yourself together Ron, you’ve got some horcruxes to find!
- Clary from The Mortal Instruments – I really enjoyed this series, and I am way excited for the movie later this year but sometimes, and only sometimes I feel Clary suffers from an illness that main characters sometimes get called everythingshouldrevolvearoundmeitis.
- Marisa Coulter from His Dark Materials – No maternal instinct whatsoever and able and willing to drug and hurt her own daughter! Very annoying,
- Artemis Fowl – A child genius, his knowledge of everything is unparalleled. Except with feelings! Tell Holly you love her Arty!
- Percy Jackson from Percy Jackson and The Olympians – It pains me to put him on this list but again he suffers from an illness. Its called meandonlymecansavetheworlditis.
- Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games – Katniss, you’ve got to save the world, overthrow a dictator and save thousands of people. THE BOYS CAN WAIT!!
- Sirius Black from Harry Potter – Why oh why, J. K Rowling did you kill him off when he’d only just begun to form a relationship with Harry. I cry every time I read the chapter where he meets his untimely end!
- This isn’t a character, but more of a thing that is very popular in YA fantasy at the moment, love triangles. Very overdone, very annoying (I am team pick one) and very hard to write well!!