This weeks top ten is the top ten settings we want see more of which is such a cool idea for a topic!! Here we go!
- London. I am so lucky that I live only a short train journey away from this city because it is a spectacular place to visit. Its steeped in history and culture and is completely uniquely British in every way. My particular favourite place to go is Covent Garden and I would definitely recommend it to anyone planning to visit London. I read so many books set in the USA which I love and desperately want to go to someday, but to read more books set in London would be so cool!
- Space. The only book(s) that I have read that have been set in outer space are The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and they are some of the funniest books out there. I would love to see more space settings, it would be so amazing to get a taste of what its like up there!
- Portal Fantasy World. I know there are tonnes of these out there, but I love a good portal fantasy world that is constructed beautifully. I feel like I have read all the classic ones (Narnia, Alice etc.) so would love recommendations for new ones to sink my teeth into!
- Thailand. Always wanted to visit, would love to go via book!
- Sleepy Villages where nothing ever happens. I love books about boring places where something exciting happens! Anything making the mundane magical is great with me!
- The Wild West. I am so intrigued by the Wild West – I would LOVE to read a book set there.
- Underground. Wouldn’t it be amazing to have an entire novel set underground?
- The Amazon. I read and loved Journey to the River Sea by Eva Ibbotson when I was younger!!
- New York. I am slightly obsessed with New York and would love more books to be set there!
- Greece. Home of Gods and Myths. Nuff said.