I haven’t done Top Ten Tuesday for what feels like ages, so today I’m back. Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week its the books things that we’re thankful for.
- BOOKS! Books in general are everything that I enjoy. I get childishly excited for books that I’m excited for, I read and re-read my favourites over and over again. They calm me down when I’m stressed, they cheer me up when I’m down, they are the ultimate rainy day & cup of tea feel good factor and I am so thankful that books exist, and that I am lucky enough to be able to read them.
- J.K Rowling – Like everybody else my age I fell in love with Harry Potter, and I am so thankful that Mrs Rowling created such a magical world!
- J. R. R Tolkien – The father of modern fantasy, the author of the book my dad read over and over to me as a kid, I am so thankful for the hobbits!
- C. S Lewis – Completing my holy trinity of literary heroes, C. S Lewis’s creation of Narnia led to many games of playing in cupboards in my house!
- BOOK STORES! – With so many book shops closing down, it is vital that book lovers try to visit them often to prevent even more of these treasure chests from disappearing. Book Stores are like second homes to me, and I hate it when one closes!
- Beautiful Sentences – I am a sucker for beautiful words that sound like music in your mind.
- Dystopian Novels – I never thought that I would like dystopian books. But since the Hunger Games I have absolutely LOVED reading dystopia’s! It’s really expanded my book comfort zone!
- Catherynne Valente and all the other new authors that I have discovered this year! I have loved reading your books and I cannot wait to discover more new authors and new books!
- THE SMELL OF BOOKS – I can definitely see the benefits of e-books, but for me, I cannot beat the smell of real books, its my favourite scent in the world!
- BOOK BLOGS!! – They are the places that I get book inspiration from, the places that I meet new friends and the places that inspired my own little blog!
I hope you enjoyed my Top Ten Tuesday, I hope I will be able to do it next week – if I have enough time that is!