Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Its a list of top tens and this week is the top ten kick-ass heroines! I am so excited for this weeks topic – I love a good kick-ass heroine.
- Sorry to start with the obvious, but Hermione Granger from The Harry Potter Series has to be my favorite kick-ass heroine from my childhood. Not only did she make reading and studying cool (well, cool to me anyhow) but she was loyal to her friends, brave in the face of danger and had bad teeth and bushy hair (which I thought was cool because I had bushy hair and bad teeth).
- Eowyn from the Lord of the Rings was not only beautiful and noble and had great hair and got to wear cool dresses in the movie, but she went into battle dressed as a man to defend her country and then protected her King against a terrifying Nazgul. I thought she was so cool when I was a kid, and spent ages practicing my ‘swordwork’ (i.e a old broom) to be like her.
- Coraline from Coraline when I was younger I was terrified of everything – spiders, the dark, heights; but not Coraline she stands up to her creepy button eyed other mother with cleverness and bravery. I literally could not sleep for days after reading this book – the button eyed parents just creeped me out – and I’m 19! One of my favorite characters from one of my favorite authors
- September from The Fairyland Books Anyone who reads my blog regularly will know that this was a dead cert. September is everything I want in a female character – brave, loyal, moral but able to stick up for herself. I just love her and the series!
- Tris from the Divergent Series – I just cannot imagine going through what poor Tris has gone through! She is dauntless, and brave to the point of stupidity sometimes but I think the kick-ass thing about her is that she is so strong in the face of danger and grief.
- Lyra from His Dark Materials I love Lyra because when I was 8/9 I used to be Lyra. I was such a tomboy, I would get so dirty and constantly injure myself and then would have to be wrestled into the bath by my mum. My dad used to say I had a will of iron, and that’s what I love about Lyra, she is so sure of herself and confident in who she is – and I think that’s pretty kick-ass.
- Katniss from The Hunger Games – How could I NOT include Katniss in my list. She won The Hunger Games, is amazing with a bow and arrow, helped to overthrow the evil President Snow and won the heart of two hot boys! She is as kick-ass as it gets!!
- Luna Lovegood from The Harry Potter Series – I know its another one from Harry Potter, but I think Luna is kick-ass in a completely different way to Hermione. She is completely comfortable to be herself, not afraid of what anyone else thinks and, in my opinion, has a great style!
- Annabeth from The Percy Jackson Series – She’s smart, brave, loyal and a demi-god! You can’t ask for much more!
- Alice from Alice in Wonderland – She takes the strangest situations in her stride, doesn’t give up and although she’s more then a hundred years old, you’d never know 😉
I hope you enjoyed my Top Ten Tuesday! See you tomorrow for Alls Hallow Read!!!