I am so excited to say that I was awarded the Liebster Award from the lovely Jess at Mittens Blog Stop. I never ever get awards, and this was my first blogging one, so its extra special! The jist of the Liebster Award is that you answer some questions, then think of some of your own and nominate five bloggers to answer them! So without further ado, lets get on to my questions!
1. What is your favorite genre to read?
Definitely fantasy, I absolutely love immersing myself into a whole new world and I think for me fantasy has that little spark that is just magic, and that makes me want to read on. I don’t think I will ever tire of reading fantasy.
2. Which book are you proud to say you’ve read?
I don’t know whether a have a specific book that I’m really proud to have read, but I am so glad that I have read authors like Shakespeare and Charles Dickens. I was forced to read these two authors in school and absolutely hated it but I think that was because we had to analyse every little detail and that really destroys book magic for me! Now I am so glad that I read them, they have both written classics, and are due for a re-read soon!
3. Do you get seasick?
YES! I get seasick, carsick and I hate flying so I am pretty much done for travelling wise! Although it is making learning to drive interesting to say the least!
4. Why did you start your blog?
Because I had nobody to talk to about books!
5. If given the opportunity, would you like to write for a magazine?
Absolutely, it would be an amazing opportunity.
6. Are you the type of person who is always too hot, or too cold?
I am always too cold. I wear a coat from September to April, and always turn the heating up in my house (much to my dads annoyance). Although I do live in England, so the weather is awful constantly!
7. Is your life what you expected it to be five years ago?
Five years ago I was fifteen so all I was concerned about was how to go about getting Zac Efron to marry me. I don’t think I cared too much about my life in the future, I was way too concerned with who did what with who the night before! Thank God that’s over!
8. Where do you expect your life to be in five years?
I hope that I am still reading and writing and in my dream world, I would be working as a solicitor!
9. What’s one of the best things you’ve discovered in blogging?
The community is so supportive and friendly, and of course more books!
10. What’s the worst thing you’ve discovered about blogging?
I haven’t come across anything bad as yet. Fingers crossed it stays that way!
11. Finally, do you allow your friends or family to read anything you’ve written?
Nope. Hopefully I will soon though!
My questions are:
- What is your writing process? Do you plan or just go for it?
- Any rituals before you start writing?
- Who is your favorite, underrated author?
- What’s the best book you’ve read this year?
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Has blogging changed your life?
- What is your ideal place/time to read?
- Place in the world you most want to visit before you die?
- How did you decide on the name of your blog?
- Any advice for starting out blogging?
- Who would be your dream cast for your favorite book?