This blog is called Books, Writing, Tea. I post a tonne about books on here, quite a lot about me drinking an inordinate amount of tea whilst reading, but not too much about writing. The thing is though, I love writing. I love it. It relaxes me when I am stressed, excites me when I’m bored and its just one of those things that I am so passionate about. I cannot imagine not writing. So I’d thought I would do a little post about my writing, and my writing goals.
- At the moment I am working on a little middle grade fantasy. I started a project last november for NaNoWriMo, and its kind of evolved into where I’m at now. I’m in about the 6th or 7th reincarnation of my project, but I feel I’m in the third draft.
- I have other ideas in the pipeline, but I’m a one project girl so I want to get my little MG up and running before I start on the next one.
- Im 15,000 words into the re-draft, and I think its going to be 50,000 words long!
- I want to redraft up to 30,000 words by christmas.
- There are times that I want to give up, pull my hair out, delete everything and start again, but something keeps me going.
- I drink WAY too much tea when I’m writing.
- I have awful grammer, and I am rubbish at spelling.
- Reading gets me really exciting for all the writing I’m going to be doing.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my little writing post! I am always looking for new writing tips, so if you’ve got any leave them in the comments!!