Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Its basically a list of top tens and this week is the top ten bookish confessions! Ahh this is going to be cringy.
- I probably spend more money on books then I do on clothes. I’m awful. If I go to the supermarket, I grab a book, if I’m ordering from Amazon I buy a book. I can’t resist the lure of books!
- I haven’t borrowed a book from the library for a long time. Why? Because I am absolutely rubbish at giving them back. Last time I borrowed A Tree Grows in Brooklyn I got a whopper £50 fine!
- I can’t spell. I have a tab open on the internet all the time purely for writing things like ‘How do you spell definitely?’ and ‘How many f’s does difference have?’.
- I hide books that I’m embarrased off in a draw underneath my bed. (Mary-Kate and Ashley books anyone?’
- In middle school, I’d make my friends play hide and seek, then I would hide in the library reading books all lunch. They’d never find me!
- I’m slightly obsessed with my book shelfs looking ‘right’. If anyone moves a book, I know and I have to put it back in its original place!
- I used to read by torchlight, under the covers late at night, so that if my parents came to check on me I could pretend I was asleep quickly!
- When I was little (really little) I decided that I was Harry Potters daughter, imaginatively named Harriet Potter. I used to throw letters out my window for my ‘owl’ to catch, but all it really did was annoy my neighbours.
- I judge a book by its cover. I know its bad, but I just love a good cover. But I don’t discriminate, if I love the blurb and the cover is awful, I will buy the book.
- Since I’ve started blogging, I’ve got a lot more brave with reading books that are outside my favourite genres. And I love it – its opened my eyes to hundreds of books that I would have never read before.